Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Through my eyes: The jovial Samson

In this 'Through my eyes', meet Samson, the always-smiling tough guy who manages the reception desk, all phone calls and does small administrative tasks around the office. Visitors to our office would have met him right at the entrance, friendly and smiling. Today, we get a glimpse into his life.


This is the ground where I play cricket with my friends. I love cricket and my friends and I play whenever possible. We even organise teams and play championships. Our team is the best!


Here we are playing carrom, I, my friends and my uncle. We usually play carrom when it’s raining, because it is an indoor game.


This is my house, where I sleep. Every morning, before going to work, I pray. I’m Catholic.


Here is where I get my haircut. I have been coming to this place all my life, because it’s very close to my house, so I know everyone here.


With my parents at home.


At home with my two dogs, Sandy and Cheena. They are very naughty, especially when new people come home, but I love them and they are very affectionate.


We usually buy things at this shop which is very close to my home. It’s quite small but has everything.


My friends and I. They all live in the same neighbourhood, so I've known all of them since childhood.


Babu is a rickshawalla and a good friend of mine. He lives in the same locality and we have been friends for a long time.


The Main road near my house. The area’s name is Marol, and this road is the one we have to take to go anywhere. There’s always a lot of traffic and the cars, trucks and rickshaws don’t stop honking.


A Buddhist temple in Marol, called Buddha Mandir.


This is the Mumbai Smiles car, in which visitors go to visit the projects. My work was to watch out for Jaume sir, but now I am in the new office doing administrative tasks and in the reception. I am very happy to work here!

No comments:

Post a Comment